Blue Type 2 Reflective Tape
SUPER-ENGINEER GRADE REFLECTIVE TAPE (SEG) is 60% to 100% brighter than regular engineering grade reflective tape. Great for smooth flat or smooth round surfaces like pipes, bollards, and bar gates. SEG is a Type II retro-reflective adhesive tape that is approximately 5.5 mil and has a permanent acrylic adhesive with a peel-off backing. It utilizes embedded microscopic glass beadlets to reflect light and is commonly used for reflective striping or markings on vehicles, bicycles, wheel chairs, bollards, & stock gates. It meets ASTM specifications D 4956 and LS-300C is resistant to weathering and fading and has a 12-year minimum longevity.
On vehicles, it is best applied using a soapy water solution (1/4 teaspoon of Dawn to 16 ounces of water) and a squeegee. For best results, the adhesive should be allowed to cure for about 48 hours.
This is a Nikkalite product and is stamped with a stat watermark to show that it is super engineer grade and not regular engineer grade (which is not nearly as bright).
Sold in 1, 2, and 4 inch widths. 10, 20, or 30 foot lengths.
- ASTM D4956 Type 2 Reflective Tape.
- Single layer design meaning it will not delaminate like other reflective tapes.
- Rated for a 12 year outdoor life.
- Visible for thousands of feet away versus hundreds with standard reflective tapes.
- Very aggressive adhesive. Peel, stick and press on with a soft cloth. (Clean dry smooth surface)
- Used to mark emergency vehicles, fire trucks, ambulances, helmets, loading dock areas, bollards, poles, dumpsters, gates, barricades, tractor trailers, and more.